BeadforLife believes that the most effective approach to poverty eradication is a holistic one, and we recognize that we can’t do it alone. In order to reach more people, BeadforLife periodically makes small grants to other effective organizations. We focus on organizations that target factors that create extreme poverty such as poor healthcare, lack of education for girls and women’s empowerment.
The following organizations are some of BeadforLife previous grant recipients.
- African Food and Peace Foundation: Provides academic funds for 10 female students at the Uganda Rural Development and Training Girls School and alsofunds stipends for 7 Interns at the African Rural University for Women.
- BeadforLife Compassion Fund: Gives financial assistance to members and their families who experience a heathcare emergency.
- Educate!: Provides scholarships to students attending Mt. Masaba High School and Nabumali High School in Mbale, Uganda.
- International Hospital Kampala: Funds a bed in the Hope Ward for impoverished patients.
- International Midwife Assistance: Funded the purchase of a vehicle to provide midwifery services in rural Uganda.
- One School at a Time: Gives menstruating supplies for girls, garden and school luncheons, teacher housing, and rain water collection system.
- Teso Safe Motherhood: Funds lab tests, family planning, vehicle, fuel, driver and midwife in rural communities.