Top 10 Tips for Success
Here are some of our favorite ways to create a fun, meaningful and successful BeadforLife Marketplace:
1. Set a goal. Our most successful BeadforLife Marketplace hosts tell us that when they set a target for the amount they would like to sell, they often reach or surpass their goal. You can set a goal in our registration system and track it on your BeadforLife Marketplace webpage!
2. Make it a combo. When you host in-person events and a BeadforLife Online Marketplace, you expand your reach! Guests in your community can get inspired at in-person events, and friends and family far and wide can shop online. All proceeds go to your fundraising goal!
3. Promote your BeadforLife Marketplace. Advertise in your local community, share on your Facebook and Twitter pages and use our email invite system to invite guests. When people shop your BeadforLife Online Marketplace, send them public gratitude on social media—you’ll make them feel special and you’ll help spread the word! See even more suggestions here.
4. Accept credit cards. Whether you use Acceptiva (online) or Square (on your iPhone or Android device), accepting credit cards helps guests make purchases regardless of how much cash they have on hand. Hosts who accept credit cards sell up to 40% more.
5. Tell our story. Behind every bead is the compelling story of the woman who rolled it. Although the jewelry is beautiful and can easily sell itself, the BeadforLife story helps your guests understand why their participation is so important. Play the BeadforLife DVD, or read aloud the biographies of women in our program. Even if you can’t show the DVD at your event, please be sure to watch it yourself so you can be ready to inspire others.
6. Wear the jewelry – and lots of it! When your guests see how great BeadforLife jewelry looks on you, they will be inspired to buy some for themselves and for gifts.
7. Display jewelry sets. Display a necklace with complimentary earrings and bracelets, or tie bundles of bangles together and sell them as a collection. Adorn your guests in jewelry sets that enhance the clothing they are wearing, and hand them the mirror!
8. Think outside the box. A BeadforLife Marketplace doesn’t have to happen at your home. You can set up your BeadforLife Marketplace at work, school, church groups, book clubs, social gatherings, and community events.
9. Ask for donations. Give your guests the option to add a dollar with their purchase, or round up the sale to the nearest $10. Ask your own employer or a local business if they are willing to make a matching donation up to a certain dollar amount.
10. Spread the love! Sort remaining jewelry from your BeadfoLife Marketplace into baskets, and ask friends to sell them at their work, church, or family events.
Share Your Tips
We encourage our BeadforLife Marketplace hosts to think outside the box. If you have a creative or successful idea, share it with us! Send photos in .jpg format to email@example.com