Act with faith and work to end poverty!
Although poverty is a big problem, it is not an insurmountable one.
Faithful people are called to engage in this work as it is written in the book of James 2:15-17:
“Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.”
We invite your church/congregation to use our FREE tool kit to get involved and to help those living in poverty. Get involved throughout the year.
Your FREE tool kit includes:
- A Mission Marketplace to raise money for those living in poverty.
- Inspiring sermon outlines to incorporate into a Sunday worship service.
- "Life on a Dollar a Day" curriculum to raise awareness of the effects of living in poverty that can be taught in your Sunday School or Bible classes.
- A "Life on a Dollar a Day" activity where members of your congregation commit to spend only $1.50 per day (for all three meals) to experience the physical effects of poverty, and then donate the total cost of their daily meals to support those living in poverty.
- Focused prayers for the people suffering in poverty that can be used to inspire congregation members to make a special offering.
- A list of scripture texts focused on poverty and the poor that can be used in Sunday School lessons, sermons, Bible classes, etc.
- Newsletter and bulletin templates to inspire and update your congregation and/or church on the activities they can participate in to help those living in poverty.
- Fact sheet on poverty.
Contact Korri@beadforlife.org with questions or comments.